Sunday, October 6, 2013

Breaking Bad = Good

The conclusion of "Breaking Bad" has had such a huge presence in pop culture in recent weeks.

I started watching it about a year ago. My husband (then boyfriend) and I would watch an episode with dinner. Then IMMEDIATELY have to watch 2 more consecutive episodes until it was obviously time to go to bed (or else he would be late for work in the morning!).

Jesse and Walt having a beer after a long night at work. 

It's rare to find a show like that. Not just that it has cliff-hanger endings ... but the characters were so complicated that you couldn't figure out how you felt about everything.

I've heard a lot about how it's so hard to watch and so violent and so traumatic ... but really, I what other directions could it take?

It's about cancer ... drugs ... infidelity ... murder ...  all the bad things in life.

But I think it's all the bad things that make you realize the good. And in the end, that's what it's really about: Family, loyalty and friendship.

1 comment:

Deborah's Real Estate Blog said...

Those headpieces are so.... Cool!