Monday, May 17, 2010

inspiration

There's always a bad day to deal with ... and I've learned the secret: wallow in it. Wallow in feeling sad, lonely, overtaken and hopeless for one day.

Then snap out of it.

I find that indulging these feelings is the only way to really get over it. There's nothing to say it won't happen again, but at least you will have been through the course of it and come out on the other side!

And mostly, it ends up just being PMS. :)

When I'm having a "bad Etsy day" I go to this folder I keep on my computer's desktop.

It's called "inspiration"

I have this photo of me and Richard:


It reminds me how happy I am with him.


I also have the following quotes/lyrics, etc:

"To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men" - Lincoln


First you jump off the cliff and you build wings on the way down.


Let your mind wander

Look beyond the shadows

Focus on the skyline,

Read the silhouettes

Your deepest desires

are a picture of tomorrow

All your darkest fears

are just a vestige of regret


And it seems like such a long way to go

As obstacles get bigger,

prevailing winds blow stronger

and the fire continues to grow

Don't let shallow water limit your perception

Heed the new horizon, muster to it fast

The moments of your yesterdays

are in the wake behind you

You can't assess the future

if you're living in the past

And it seems like such a long way to go

As obstacles get bigger,

prevailing winds blow stronger

and the fire continues to grow

in your soul

So be bold, let it grow

Don't let it die

Let it burn.


===


Then, if all else fails, I watch this video:



1 comment:

Kimbambo said...

this made my day! bless them. The little one at the end with his little fat legs is adorable. Going straight home to see if my kitten wants to play on the slide