Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Brown Dog's Place


So, I don't normally advertise for other sellers because (let's face it) I'm in it for the money :) Though I'm mostly kidding about this, I've got to give a shout out to my friend, Amanda Williams.

Background story:::::
We've been pals since the second grade (? Is that true Amanda?) I remember meeting her on the bus to first grade .. but I don't think we were friends yet. ANYWAY ... flash forward a couple decade, and we still manage to hang out and watch cheesy movies from time to time! I'm so grateful to have a friend like her. I know she knows what I was like when I was a dorky kid ... (and I know what SHE was like, too!) But we're both super cool now so whatever. ha!

We even made a video together in high school where we were both cross-dressing as men and wielding swords and fake blood. (You'll have to ask her about the details.....)

Anyway:::::

Amanda's been torn up lately about her pup, Brown Dog, who is going through a rough (ruff) patch at the moment. She needed to raise some funds for vet bills and turned to ETSY for the support of the awesome community here.

Here's what she says at her shop, BrownDogsPlace:

"Hi, My name is Amanda and the handsome devil pictured above is my fella Brown Dog. He's a chocolate lab and golden retriever mix that came into my family four and a half years ago. He was just a pup that looked like a bear cub and I was instantly in love! On February 4th 2010 he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in his hind leg. Osteosarcoma is an aggressive, nasty cancer that Brownie will inevitably succumb to. In the mean time, I'm fighting to do what I can to keep him happy and out of pain, but vet bills our mounting between doctors visits, X-Ray's, surgery, etc. He is the love of my life and I owe it to him to help him fight this terrible disease; so I turn now to Etsy in an effort to raise money to save my big, brown, and beautiful best friend."

Well-said. And I can attest to the fact that the scarves she makes are GREAT! I got one from her "real shop" -- Kurtdlhorg.

If you would like to make a donation without a purchase you can go to www.paypal.com and send money to Kurdtlhorg@aol.com.

3 comments:

Muse said...

I believe it was 3rd grade actually and don't forget we won best picture for our cross-dressing movie!

I also randomly remembered today the time we made that interpretive video of "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin... We where too cool for school from BIRTH!

Thanks a ton dude!

xoxox

whichgoose said...

OH my goodness. I remember that .... it was like sign-language dancing!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I posted Brown Dogs story and a link to Amanda's dog's Etsy Shop:

Thank you for your compassion, click here to visit her Etsy Shop = BrownDogsPlace

http://showmestatedogs.blogspot.com