Saturday, June 21, 2008

new projects!

Well, in the ongoing attempt to keep myself occupied in light of my current situation, I have procured two victorian/c. 1800s-era dresses. 
They are in rough shape--but I plan to give them makeovers. Ohboyohboy!
I swear I won't turn into a shut-in. I actually left the house today, by myself, on an outing. Went to downtown Frederick, looked around at downtown places for rent--didn't really see any--stopped by the ecoart festival where Lauren was manning a booth--felt awkward walking around by myself--and left. bah.

I'm not used to the whole independent woman thing. I think confidence is the main thing I'm lacking. I keep hoping some man will show me some attention so I can think "oh, okay, I'm still worth it. I still got it." I've got to get it through my head that I don't need anyone to tell me that. 
I think I still need time. I feel like i'm mourning this huge loss--I mean--this relationship. I nutured and cared about it for almost 3 years. Everyday, doing everything I could to tend to it, help it grow. And now, it is dead.
SO. I carry on. And will make some dresses. Sorry to be a Debby Downer. 
P.S. Lots of crown being listed soon!!

1 comment:

REB said...

Your work is still coming along in lovely ways despite your pain right now. Use it to heal. I look forward to see what you do with the dresses.